Volunteer with Hum Sub
Every year we work with over 100 volunteers comprising of teens and adults who help us in organizing events for Cary Diwali and Basant Bahar. We also work with local teen groups and charity organizations to provide them volunteer opportunities. Groups supported in past include Cary Teen Council, Triangle Gujarati association,…
Join our team! No matter whether you’ve been a volunteer activist for decades or you’re just starting and want to learn how you can help, we have volunteer opportunities for you. Just fill out our Volunteer form and submit and we’ll be in touch. Oh, and you must be 13 or older.
Support for Social Causes
Hum Sub also support other nonprofit organizations in numerous ways including providing
- Discounted vendor booths in Cary Diwali for non-profits
- Free tables for community programs like blood donation, bone marrow registration drive, etc
- Charitable donation to local charities like…
- Volunteering by Hum Sub board members for local community events like Lazy Daze.
Hum Sub is a non–profit cultural organization and our main effort is to share and promote social and cultural traditions of both local and our Indian heritage. Every year we work with local dance, music and other art schools in the triangle by providing platforms to exhibit their creations and by providing them with grants. Some of the past support provided by Hum Sub includes
- Staging full Productions from local dance schools like “Ananya” from Laasya School of Dance and Music, “Sitayana” by Ramya Kapadia
- Grants to schools who were selected to perform at our 10th year Basant Bahar celebrations
- Grant to Mayuri, Russian group performing Indian classical and folk dances
- Organizing Arts Workshops
NEW !!! Hum Sub is a proud supporter of the Town of Cary’s Friends Of The Festivals program as a “Business Friend” supporting at the Artist level for 2012. Hum Sub is proud to give back to the community by supporting area festivals via the Friends of the Festivals program which will fund the Lazy Daze Grants Program.
NEW !!! The Board of Directors of Hum Sub Inc., provided a cash honararium to the team of Ramya S. Kapadia and Rinku Bhattacharya Das for their wonderful production “Aum Sad Gurubhyo Namaha – An Ode to the Guru” at Basant Bahar 2012.